I’m accepting review requests.
Please request through the submission form.
|Slot 1: When the Cicadas Stop Singing (Read Pending)|
|Slot 2: Amalgam Book One: Contact (Reviewing)|
There’s a limited number of slots available, I’ll only be accepting two at a time. Response time, whether to accept or decline a request, will vary depending on how many I receive.
Please note that it’s a hobby, therefore the process may be slow. I cannot commit to time frames, neither can I promise a glowing review. If unfamiliar with how I review, I suggest giving some of them a read.
0 Star – I don’t rate books I don’t finish. Simply, it wasn’t for me and I decided to give up on it. Dishing out a rating would be unfair of me.
1 Star – I didn’t enjoy it, but that doesn’t mean I’ll never read anything by the author again.
2 Star – I found some good qualities; perhaps I liked a character or two, or something regarding the plot, but unfortunately I found the good weighed down too much by the bad.
3 Star – The good and bad were balanced out to make it a decent and worthwhile read. I didn’t dislike it, but I didn’t totally love it either. I’m very optimistic about further works by the author.
4 Star – I really liked it. It could’ve been perfect for me, if not for some aspects I found lacking, or simply some minor things that bothered me. All in all, however, I’m very pleased.
5 Star – I absolutely loved it and thought it the best of its genre. Whatever little things that may have bothered me were forgotten because I’m in awe. Truly amazing work. (Be mindful that my tastes evolve over the years, thus my thoughts may change on books I’ve previously rated five stars. Nevertheless, they will remain top rated because of how I felt about them at the time of the original read-through.)
– I also write gaming reviews for Sci-Fi & Scary, see them here.
– All opinions are my own.
– Length of reviews vary.
– I post my reviews to this blog, Goodreads, and Amazon. I also tweet about what I’m reading.
– It can take me a while to get through a book.
– I’m not opposed to negative reviews, I’m just honest about my experience.
– In the case I begin reading a clearly published yet unedited book, I will immediately stop and mark it as DNF (did not finish) – unedited works that are littered with errors are not enjoyable. ARCs are excluded.
– I always put a spoiler warning at the beginning of my reviews, this is because I like to go into a lot of detail about specific things I did or didn’t like. Read more about my spoiler warnings here.